American Turnmaster’s Power 5.5 series feature bed swings that range from 60″ – 80″. The lathes have three way design, standard 9″ spindle bore, A2-15 spindle nose, and bores from 10″ up to 32″ available as options.
*Note: If you are interested in big bore lathes, please take a look at our other lathes.
Check us out on Instagram for more posts and videos!
• One piece (monolithic) bed, floor type casting.
• Three way design, 2 “Vee” was on top plus 1 extra front lateral way for more apron-carriage support.
• All three ways are hardened and ground.
• Forged steel spindle with opposed taper roller bearings.
• Dual chucks are optionally available
• Hardened and ground gears and shafts throughout
• Hardened and ground cross slide ways and screws.
• Electromagnetic spindle brake
• Universal inch / metric gear box, totally enclosed
• Automatic four speed electronic variable speed
• Spindle Bore standard 9” spindle nose A2-15.
Bores from 10” up to 32” are optionally available.
• Six way rapid traverse and power feed to top slide.
• Thread chasing dial
• Overload safety device on apron
• Dual voltage motor and controls, standard 50HP, optional 75HP.
• Retractable leadscrew / feed rod support on models over 120″ cc
• One piece stainless steel lead screw protection cover.
• Rear chip conveyor and full length rear splash guard is optionally available. (see optional list)
• Safety chuck guard with micro switch and jog button is standard.