Power 5.5 Heavy Duty Lathe
Model: 60-70-80 Series
Turning is Lagun’s business.
• One piece (monolithic) bed, floor type casting.
• Three way design, 2 “Vee” was on top plus 1 extra front lateral way for more apron-carriage support.
• All three ways are hardened and ground.
• Forged steel spindle with opposed taper roller bearings.
• Dual chucks are optionally available
• Hardened and ground gears and shafts throughout
• Hardened and ground cross slide ways and screws.
• Electromagnetic spindle brake
• Universal inch / metric gear box, totally enclosed
• Automatic four speed electronic variable speed
• Spindle Bore standard 9” spindle nose A2-15.
Bores from 10” up to 32” are optionally available.
• Six way rapid traverse and power feed to top slide.
• Thread chasing dial
• Overload safety device on apron
• Dual voltage motor and controls, standard 50HP, optional 75HP.
• Retractable leadscrew / feed rod support on models over 120″ cc
• One piece stainless steel lead screw protection cover.
• Rear chip conveyor and full length rear splash guard is optionally available. (see optional list)
• Safety chuck guard with micro switch and jog button is standard.
Power 5.5 60 / 70 / 80
Swing over bed
60.23” - 80.71” (1,530 - 2,050 mm)
Distance between centers
60” min to 480” max (1,524 mm to 1,2000 mm)
Auto shifting 4 Speeds EVS
9.06” (230 mm) / *Optional up to 32” (812 mm)
Spindle nose, standard
Spindle speeds, number (manual)
4 steps infinite with encoder for CSS (see options)
Main drive motor
50 HP (37 kW) / *Optional 60 HP (44 kW); 75 HP (55 kW)
One year or 2,000 hours from date of installation, (single shifting) whichever occurs first. For parts and service contact our support team at
*Applies to domestic sales only.
2 or 3 axis digital readout
Fagor 40i-TS Digital Readout with CSS and Newall Scales Standard Features
Roller Support Type A Steady Rest