Republic Lagun Universal Turning Center (UTC) has a 22″ swing and center distances ranging from 40″-120″. The lathes are built and tested in our Los Angeles plant. These machines are built with your choice of control (Fanuc, Siemens, Heidenhain, or Fagor).
*Note: If you are interested in CNC lathes, please take a look at our other lathes.
Check us out on Instagram for more posts and videos!
Technical Description of Outstanding Features
– Meehanite Casting – Machine frame is cast of rugged Meehanite with heavy ribbing for superior rigidity and vibration dampening. This rigidity contributes to durability of machine and tooling, as well as precision of actual machining performance.
– Induction Hardened and Precision-Ground Bed ways – Bed design with 2 “V” and 2 Flat ways which are induction hardened to provide maximum life and then ground to allow for precision carriage movement along the Z axis. All slides move on Turcite Linear Anti-friction bearing material. Carriage and cross slide design with adjustable taper gibs to maintain long life and high accuracy.
– Precision-Ground, 2” (50 mm) diameter Z axis Ball Screw – By utilizing the finest in its class ball screw, Republic Lagun CNC Turning centers provide positioning accuracy of ±0.0005”(0.01 mm) positioning accuracy over full X and Z axis travels.
– Spindle – Unique spindle design supported by single cylinder bearing housing equipped with SP level precision double row cylindrical roller bearings, angular contact thrust bearings and lubricated with high-class grease. The front of the spindle is design with a labyrinthian collar and protector cover to prevent the invasion of coolant and chips.
– Spindle Power – Broad range of programmable spindle speeds with constant surface speed (CSS).
– Headstock – The headstock is enclosed and well-ribbed for maximum heat dissipation. This construction prevents any thermal distortion after long periods of turning, thereby ensuring accurate cutting.
– Laser Verification – All UTC’s are laser verified for ±0.0005” (±0.01 mm) positioning accuracy over the full X and Y axes travel before being shipped.